Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Post 101 - childhood memories

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor.... would you be mine? Could you be mine? won't you be my neighbor! Hi neighbor!

I went on a little trip down memory lane the other day. Alina and I were grocery shopping and she spotted a DVD of Max & Ruby. I was previously in the dark as to who Max & Ruby were, and honestly I assumed it was a mexican tv show because there are so many of them lately... Dora being so popular and all. I didn't know for sure because its a show that's on Nick Jr and so she watches it at day care. Well, I was astonished to see two lovable little cartoon bunnies hanging out making a cake or something on the front of the DVD she was showing me. Who are they?





These lovely lovable little rabbits are something I cherish from my childhood! I remember going to the library all the time - we would walk there because it was so close to our house. Max and Ruby were cardboard books mostly, and I remember getting these to read to Alisha and Timothy. I was siked out that they actually made this into a TV show, and that it's one of my daughter's favorites.

Here's a few of the titles I remember most:

Goodnight Max
Max's Bunny Business
Max's New Suit
Bunny Party

This series is by Rosemary Wells and I'm totally buying some for Alina for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment