So, I've decided to share a few things I don't like about pregnancy. And, a few things I do like just to be fair.
1) I don't like that middle of the pregnancy section (or really most of mine because I'm rather slender) where people are afraid to ask if you're pregnant or not. Really, if you knew me, you'd know that without a doubt I'm pregnant. But people (customers, strangers at the store, etc) don't know what I normally look like so they aren't sure if I'm fat or pregnant. I hate this.
2) I don't like having to pee first thing in the morning and sometimes during the night too. It's cold outside of my bed. I don't like getting up out of bed. I am always too awake to go right back to sleep, which I hate because I love sleeping.
3)I don't like that I have active babies. Ok, so, it's nice and re-assuring to feel them move from time to time, and it's very happy after I haven't been feeling well or something but gosh if Judah would just give me a break for like an hour I'm sure my breathing would improve.
4) I hate being so forgetful. They say that blood is taken off your brain and focused on the uterus to help support the baby and that makes you forget things more. I don't know if that's just a wives' tale to make excuses for the fact that you have like 18 things to do at any given time, or if its scientific, but I'll claim it.
5) I hate being so tired. I know, the reason I'm tired is because a) I haven't taken my vitamen this morning yet and b) I need to eat more breakfast than a granola bar and c) I stayed up late talking to Brent last night and d) I'm growing a person for goodness sake! it takes some work! but I'm just worn out -- alot. I have less patience and I got so aggrivated with Alina the other day that I yelled at her and I just HATE yelling at her. And the worst part is that I know I was only yelling because she was irritating me and she was only doing that becuase she was hungry and I couldn't cook fast enough. I guess that brings me to #6
6) I hate being stressed and taking it out on the kids. It's not their fault that I didn't sleep well. It's not their fault that I'm hungry. It's not their fault that they're hungry. It's not their fault that I'm trying to handle too many things at once. I shouldn't yell at them or anything.
OK so I really do love being pregnant alot of times. I love bonding with the little person growing in me. I love how close that baby will be to me and how he will trust me before he ever sees my face. I love feeling him move around (sometimes) and I love hearing his heartbeat and seeing his little face or arms or hands or whatever. I love that every ultrasound I've had on every baby has included baby holding a fist up against his/her face. I love that my kids are so different and yet so similar. I love that they come from me, and I love being so proud of that when I'm done with these 9 months. I love being pregnant because I know Alina and Raziel will be fantastic big siblings, and that Alina can't wait to call the baby Dante regardless of how much I say his name is Judah. so it's not all bad, but I am a bit worn out today and thought I'd share about it.