Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home again


Well, we went to Sumter on the way home from Charleston to visit my grandparents. It was the first time they'd met Raziel. It was super sweet. My grandmother was so excited to play with him and feed him his bottle and burp him and all the works. She was adorable holding him. My grandpa - though not as spry as he once was - was also excited to interact with the kids and readily gave Alina 2 bowls of ice cream before I intervened. Can't blame him, he never gets to see her -- but, it was interesting... she was super sugar wired for the next few hours.

They had presents for the kids too -- which is Alina's favorite. Alina got a huge bag of children's books. She loves to read. She read the entire selection in the car several times. She read a few to my grandpa too. Raziel got the cutest little stuffed lamb. Alina stole it, and was given a teddy bear as a replacement when he started to scream. It's interesting -- he is finally old enough to realize something is his and she has taken it from him.



In the midst of it all, Alina has entered the why stage. Why is now the answer to everything! Alina, go sit down. why? Alina, get in your carseat. Why? Alina, what do you want for dinner? ice cream. no. why? you get the idea. I have tried saying "Z" like my mother did and that didn't work. She got fed up with that quickly but instead of giving up she threw fits. Well, I couldn't help feeling like I was antagonizing her so we are trying a new method. She gets 2 answers. Only 2. Alina, what do you want for dinner? Ice cream. No, honey. Why? Because it's not good for you. Why? There's too much sugar. Why? Alina pick dinner or mommy will. This has worked pretty well so far. I don't want to extinguish her curiosity or aggravate her, but I can't handle being asked why 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment