Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Breakthrough!!

Another early morning this morning... got up at 6:20 and put the kids in the car, warmed it up and had some cheese toast. Took Brent over to work, came back home and watched some Mork & Mindy with the kids while we got ready (dressed, breakfast, diaper changes, etc). We left around 8:30 and I came to work and almost fell asleep at the wheel in the process because I'M TIRED!!

So I sold a few phones, worked on a few others, and then I got a text message from my wonderful husband that was very interesting. He asked me if I'd like to have a day off together every other week. I answered Of course!! So I called him and found out that Jessie (a newer supervisor above his direct manager) had actually gone up about his wanting Sunday mornings off and he was getting not only Sunday mornings off, but he was also getting to have every other Thursday off with me! Well, I'm thrilled and he's thrilled, and he goes back after break and then sends me a text and says "how bout a day off together every week instead of every other?" and I'm like What?!?!? Apparently, he mentioned to a co-worker that he finally had gotten Sunday mornings off and his co-worker, Gary, asks "you want Sundays off?" and Brent says yes of course and Gary tells him that he'll trade schedules with Brent because he has had every Sunday off and wanted to work Sundays (because they pay time and a half on Sundays). Well when it's all said and done, Brent is off every Sunday, all day, and every Monday too and works 9-6 Tuesday through Saturday.

WOW~ how amazing!! We started really praying for this to happen when we went on encounter -- for our schedules to correlate more and for Brent to be able to come to church. Now, since I take the kids in the morning and Brent picks them up at night, we will BOTH leave at 8:30am and get home around 7:00pm and always always always be off on Sundays!!! He'll get to spend Monday with the kids, and I'll get to spend either Thursday or Saturday with them. THANK YOU JESUS!!

Oh, and yes, there's more!

In addition to this amazing turn of scheduling events, the boss that hates Brent and has always been soooo negative about EVERYTHING (the one that complains when Brent asks to have his daughter's birthday off, or mentions he's going out on a date with his wife, etc etc etc) has FINALLY been moved out of the store! He got promoted/moved to another store. So the one that has made life so hard allthe time and that has really contributed on the miserable-ness of his job is finally GONE.

Anyway, I was so excited I had to share. And plus, we're still sharing a car because O'reily's auto parts ordered the wrong part (what?!?!) so we're still out a car till Thursday at least.... but that's really okay. Because in spite of it all, God is doing amazing things just for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment