Monday, October 19, 2009

Frost on the Windows

This morning when I woke up it was cold!!! When I left? 38 degrees. That's right. 38. MAN that's cold. I didn't have to scrape the ice off my car because it was sitting in the sun and had melted partially so I was just able to swoosh it off with my windshield wipers. But, when I got to my office where the heat hadn't been on all weekend (to conserve energy) it was 55!! I wore my gloves for the first hour I was here and kicked on the heat to warm the place up until it got to about 72, which is more comfortable. It's crazy because last year on Halloween I wore a skirt and tank top - and wasn't that cold. This year they're talking about how its supposed to be colder... well I guess that's pretty darn acurate.

So I'm beginning to think Alina will NEVER sleep all night again. For the last week she's been waking up 2 or 3 times during the night. Last night Brent got up twice and I got up once - my turn was at 4am. I don't know exactly what's going on... She's fed, dressed warmly (it's cold in the house too) and she's got juice, her blanket and her doggy. But, she wakes up and cries/screams and freaks out. Last night I left the space heater going for an hour or so when she went to bed so that it was toasty in there and it was nippy when I went in at 4 so I turned the heater back on and she slept well from then on. I really don't like the thought of leaving the heaters going all night cause it's a fire hazard but it they're all cold like they were this morning, even in their footie PJ's and under their blankets, I might have to at least periodically turn them on throughout the night. I'm not sure how to do that without going into their rooms and risk waking them - which is not something I want to do at all. I'm considering a power strip in the hall and the space heaters right on their side of the doors so I can turn them on and off without going into the room... maybe... I don't know honestly.

Well it is nice though. I love sweaters and wraps and jackets and things - and it's nice to pull them and my fuzzy fleece PJ's back out. I will never be like Brent and my kids - running around in short sleeves and jeans in 60 degree weather and not noticing... At least they put on jackets when it hits 50. But, I am getting more and more accustomed to enjoying the cold. They say our first snow will be in November this year (its usually January)- I hope it does snow because they kids are going to love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment