Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One tired momma

I haven't posted in like an entire week... I've been way too busy and way too engrossed in the leaked copy of Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyers (OK NO BASHING ON THAT NOTE). I can't be patient enough for the paycheck we get tomorrow to go buy the 2nd book so I'm reading the free companion novel to Twilight which I just finished. Say what you will in your little brains but I enjoy it because I don't have to think about diapers or movies or dinner or mowing or cleaning or paying bills. I have to have some escape sometimes or I will go crazy!!

Forth of July was sweet and adorable. Alina was so excited when we went to go buy the fireworks. She told me and everyone that we ran into "we get fireworks, they go boom in the sky!" Broke as I was, we only had $11 for fireworks. If you've every purchased fireworks then you know you won't get much for $11. We went and explored several tents that were all set up next to each other. The first tent had bottle rockets displayed to have 144 for $1. They didn't mention, however, that these were so tiny that it was likely that #1) half of them wouldn't go off and #2) they wouldn't make much more than a little pop. Well I'd already decided that I didn't want noisy ones, just ones that made colorful things in the sky because I knew Alina would be frightened by the noise. So we went on to the next tent where I guess the man felt sorry for me and gave me 12 color bottle rockets, sparklers, and 2 other little things that shoot stuff from the ground and are pretty for my $11.
We went back to Nene's (Pam, my mother in law) and had hot dogs and beans like any good american family and swam in the pool. Finally, it got dark and we drug blankets out onto the lawn and Brent set to work getting all the plastic stuff off the fireworks. Alina began screaming and crying before we got started. Apparently, the neighbors had already started and the noise scared her. She started begging Daddy to go home. When I got out there I talked to Alina about it and she calmed down some. She decided it was okay when she was sitting in my lap. Soon, she saw the "stars" (fireworks) in the sky and got excited and forgot all about being scared. It was precious.

Our next adventure of the week was potty training. Someone told me that if I potty train (and that's all I do) for 3 days that she'll get it and be potty trained. Sounded way too good to be true but I'm tired of buying diapers for 2 and decided to give it a try. Well, day one we had 1 success and about 8 accidents. I thought we had made progress but days 2 and 3 had accidents all day and not a single success. I'm frustrated out of my mind. I talked to my mom and the sitter about it and we all agree she might not be ready for it yet... but I'm ready for it! I'm so frustrated about it. I know she's only 2 1/2 and I know she's still really a baby but I'm ready to be done with diapers on her and I'm ready to let her wear all the cute Dora, Ariel and Sesame Street panties she picked out at the store. She asks to every day, but she just has accidents all day and it's so hard for me to clean it up and potty train while keeping Raziel out of the mess.

Today I am prepping for our movie shoots this weekend. We have a long one on Friday that I am missing because I have to work. Sunday, we are shooting at the Marriott in Chattanooga. This is huge and is our first really public shoot. I am nervous about it because they public is about to see us and see what we do and make their first decision about our impressions on them. I am loosing my mind today.

Then, last night at 3am is when I discovered that Alina can open doors. She sleeps in a big girl bed and her own room. She woke up at some point in the night and at 3am she came and crawled into my bed and said "Mommy I want to snuggle" (although she doesn't get the s on there and it comes our nuggle which is adorable I might add). She crawled into my bed and laid down for about 20 minutes and then went back to her room. Well, in the process she, of course, woke up Raziel. Raziel of course, got up and stood at the end of his bed crying "ma ma ma ma ma" (because he knows my name but not that it is only the two syllables) until I got him a bottle. By then it was 3:45 and I was beyond tired and I dropped back into bed as the kids went back to sleep.

I am pleased to announce that I have achieved the ultimate goal. Our electric bill is never over $100 and my house is always cool. We were given a window A/C unit for Christmas and we purchased a "cooling humidifier" from walmart. They are on the A/C isle and are $80 but its amazing. You put ice packs and water into the tray and plug it in and it works the same as the window unit but you can move it around in the house because it's on wheels. At night, I leave the window unit in the LR running and leave the kids doors open with box fans in their doors to blow the cool air in. I leave the bathroom door and our door closed and we have a big sheet pinned up between our living room and office/kitchen doorway to act as a door as well. Kitchen is rarely that cool but it doesn't much matter because we aren't in there most of the day. We put the humidifier in our room and have a mini dual-fan box fan in our window blowing cool air in at night and hot air out during the day. It's actually cold in my house when we get up in the morning.

Thats about all I can think to write about today. I'm tired and have lots of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment