Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My weekend with the kids

Saturday and Sunday I got to stay home with the kids. We went to some kind of native american remembrance festival with nene and jess and becca and nana and papa... that was alot of fun. By the end, we were all exhausted and the kids slept for 2 hours while i drove around in the car running errands simply to keep them in the car, sleeping.

It's nice, really, having kids crash out of exhaustion sometimes. They'll sleep wherever you are and stay asleep till you wake them. I loved being with them, looking at their beautiful faces, watching them breathe and sigh in their sleep without having to chase and correct and follow them and clean up after them.

I absolutely am in love with my little ones, and have been so fascinated by how much they're growing. Grown ups have told me for as long as I can remember that it goes by too fast and you'll suddenly find yourself at their graduation or wedding before you realize they're walking. I wonder if many parents really cherish this time like I am... I hardly want to leave them in case I miss a detail moment of their life.

I actually had a real conversation on the phone with Alina. She's always loved chattering on the phone, but last night she actually told me about how she and Daddy played in her house and watched ice age and ninja turtles and fed raziel and went to go visit nene and ca-ba (rebecca) and jessie. I was amazed that I understood the things she was saying, and that they made logical sense in my grown up brain.

I am so happy right now, thinking about them. As much as they stress me out sometimes, I can't help but be absolutely in love with my little darling babies. They will always be my babies, too, even when they're grown. For now, though, they're still babies and I am glad to be taking the time to soak it all in and I feel bad for the parents that miss they're kids growing up because they think there's more important things to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment