Monday, April 27, 2009

Sleepless Nights, Happy Days

It amazes me how a 7 month old can get as little sleep as is possible and not be grouchy the next day. Raziel woke me up every 2 or 3 hours last night, grumpy as could be, and ready to kill the world with anger. He cuddled and slept on my chest for the better part of the night, and would wake up every time I tried to put him back in his room until I finally just gave him a little 4 oz bottle of formula and put him down with it. I know its a huge no-no to put him down with a bottle but by 5 in the morning, it seems to not matter anymore. I think he was just congested because he was coughing some and would wake back up. I think that he should be better tonight. 

Alina, however, was an angel going to bed. I told her that it was time to go night night and she was just adorable about it. We went through her little pj's and rocking routine, and then I laid her down and she just smiled the biggest little smile I've ever seen on her and told me that she was going to go to sleep. I told her to tell me when she woke up in the morning and she just said "okay mommy, love you." She woke up all smiles this morning, too, and was ready to read about rubber duckies and the like first thing in the morning with daddy because "mommy go to work today" 

I've decided being a Mom has got to be easier for me than other people. How could parents ever hurt their kids? I'll never understand that. My precious little angels are just amazing and even when we have a bad night with Raziel, Alina makes it all up for him. 


OOOOH and Alina is getting so big so fast! She can now count to 8. Me and Brent were walking up the stairs to our porch with her and she counted the 4 steps and then just kept counting past until she got stuck at 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. I was so excited. She's not even 2 and a half and she can almost count to ten!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment