Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reading Books

So Alina has become quite the educated 2-year-old. All day yesterday, she and her daddy would sit on the couch reading books together. She decided she was a big girl and so she got her books and he got his and she'd sit and read next to him. When I got home, she was so excited. She wanted to read her book to me. Apparently, 2-year olds can have favorites. I didn't know that she'd have favorites this early. Her favorite book was a gift from "BaBa" and it was my favorite as a kid too -- "There's a Monster at the end of this Book." It's a Sesame Street book featuring Grover. She sat down and read it to me -- most of the words being blabber, but there are 3 pages where she knows what they say. It's so cute. "blah bla blah blah blah," turn the page, "You Turned the PAGE!!!" and then, again "blah blah blah blah blah" and then "All right All right All right!!!"
It's absolutely priceless and quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. She's so proud of herself because she knows she's reading the words.

Raziel is starting to feel better -- he had a nasty cold for ever. He was so sweet this morning. He woke up at 6 and Brent made him a bottle but he fell back asleep before Brent got in there with it. Then, he woke back up at about 7 and I gave him his bottle. He drank the whole thing and had conked back out as soon as he was done. Even after my shower at 8, I went in to check on him and he was snoozing away. I guess he's a tired little guy after all this trying to crawl that's been going on. He's got his knees up under him and moves them as a joint limb and he sort of scooches forward. It's very frusterating to him because he's gotten so much tummy time lately that he gets worn out and lays down and cries. It's really sad. But, it's all a learning process and I am excited to see them growing and changing so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment