Thursday, April 8, 2010

Errands and DFACS

So today my life has returned to some form of normality. I am emotionally finding stability... we have our car back, we have money in the bank (well, a little anyway) and its pouring rain which has cooled off the world of 88 degrees significantly. Brent even hung out with Alina this morning and she made no messes because she got up when he got home. (well, after waking me at 4:30am because she dropped her pacie off the side of the bed and instead of getting up and picking it up, she opted to get up and get me so I could pick it up.... I totally don't understand it but I really don't want to fight it out at 4:30am with my 3 year old so I just go with it)

Brent worked last night. That means I slept. And, since I'd made myself stay up till 2 am the two previous nights (because Brent hadn't worked) I slept very well and very deeply.

Judah's doctor appt today showed he has gained another pound since last week. The doctor said this gives him a total of 2 lbs over birth weight (which is what they look for by a month old, and Judah is only 3 weeks). So, the hole in his little heart isn't slowing him down at all. He does have a yeast infection - I had suspected something was up because his mouth has been retaining a lot of milk residue and he has an odd diaper rash. The thrush (the infection in his mouth) is whats causing all my soreness during nursing. I'd figured I was just doing it wrong (yeah, after 2 perfectly easily nursed babies, sure, the 3rd one is when I suddenly can't remember how to have the baby latch on properly and therefore am sore. that makes perfect sense. LOL) So the doc gave me some good 'ol ointment for diaper rash and a medicine for his mouth and I'm calling my OB about the nursing because I really didn't want to discuss that with my son's male pediatrician.

Next I'm heading over to DFACS now (Dept of Family And Child Services -- ppl that give food stamps) to complete my FS app. We qualify for a little help for a little while because I have no income til after I return to work. I've had to go back 3 times because of all the extra papers they wanted/needed. The most frustrating was yesterday when they'd asked for Brent's proof of citizenship and bringing his Birth Certificate wasn't acceptable - they just wanted a signature on a paper that said he was a US citizen. Apparently the signature is better than the proof at proving he's a citizen???? I don't understand the government.

I think I'm just in a total better frame of mind and am enjoying a day out without Alina and Raziel. Judah is sleeping deeply and I have very few errands to run and plenty of time to enjoy the day.... I think I'll get a flash drive so I can start uploading more pictures to my blog (since my photos are on one cpu and the internet is on a different one...)

thanks for all the encouragement lately... I really need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment